Breast Reduction Before & After Photos
Having large breasts can cause issues with self-image, health problems, as well as physical discomfort and pain. Breast reduction surgery can go a long towards improving your quality of life.
In order for your body to recover well after breast reduction surgery, you should avoid vigorous exercise for at least three to five weeks. For the first few weeks following the post-operative rest period, limit your exercise to bending, stretching, and swimming.
When you do exercise after a breast reduction, make sure you always wear a supportive bra such as a sport or athletic bra.
Scarring seems to be the main complication after breast reduction surgery.
Other possible risks and complications include:
- A reaction to anaesthesia.
- Asymmetry, differences in the size and shape of the breasts. Flat or boxy breasts can occur after breast reduction surgery as a temporary condition.
- Bleeding (including hematoma) and infection.
- Wound separation.
- Nipple numbness and irregularities in the position and colour of the nipple.
- Breastfeeding problems.
- Unhappy with size of the breasts after reduction surgery.
Before & After Photos
It is important to maintain a healthy weight after breast reduction surgery by following a nutritious diet.
Following a healthy diet with a high fibre content, and increasing your fluid intake, will improve your chances of recovering well from you breast reduction surgery.
I wish I had done this 10 years ago
In October 2011 at 40 years of age I underwent breast augmentation by Dr Harman. I had always…